GSC Power Division Beehive Valve Springs Subaru 2002-2014 WRX / 2004-2020 STI
GSC Power-Division Beehive valve springs use an ovate wire which utilizes advanced material heat treatment methods for superior load loss capabilities. GSC springs have the highest level of spring load retention while still maintaining good fatigue threw out the life of the spring. Only the best materials go into the GSC Power-Division Beehive valve spring. Each batch is scrutinized for tensile strength properties, ductility, inclusion content, and fatigue toughness.
Some might find that the beehive spring design is new, but it has been used commonly in many OE engines as well as in all of the NASCAR and F1 engines of today. Why? The beehive shape is more stable than standard single or dual cylindrical springs. The beehive design which incorporates an ovate wire is more than capable of the performance demands that were previously only matched by a Dual Springs. With the smaller and lighter retainer used on the beehive valve spring allow for higher RPM and more valve control. So beehive valve springs, with there lighter weight retainers allow for engines to rev quicker and maintain a more stable valve motion than the traditional cylindrical springs of yesteryear.
- Rev faster
- Lighter components
- More durable design
- Less stress on valvetrain components
- Lower spring frequency for more precise valve control.
- More valve control equals more aggressive cam profiles
- Nano peened for faster break in and less stressed springs
- All of these items help to return more power for you to enjoy!
The GSC 5043 Beehive valve spring set, and Grade 5 Titanium retainers kit is capable of 9500+ RPMS, with as much as 11.5mm lift cams.
- 5043 Beehive Spring Pressure:
- Seat: 85 lbs @ 1.369" (34.8mm) Valve Lift
- 225lbs @ .433" (11mm) Valve Lift
- Coil bind @ .550" (14mm) Valve Lift
5043 Beehive Rev and Boost range (using an S3 profile camshaft set)
- Max RPM: 9,500
- Max boost: 35psi+