The Grimmspeed aluminum alternator cover for the Subaru WRX and STI replaces the ugly factory cover in your choice of Red, Silver and Black. Laser cut venting will provide added cooling to the alternator and look good when the hood is popped. Machines with aluminum mounts the alternator cover is durable and corrosion resistant topped with a heavy duty DuPont powdercoating for long lasting color. Grimmspeed does not spare any engineering, they have incorporated slotted mounting fixtures for adjusted factory mounting brackets and included dimple cut outs for drive-by-cables. The Grimspeed alternator cover is perfect if you are looking for protection and a show car quality engine bay.
- Laser Cut Venting - provides plenty of cooling for your alternator
- Machined Aluminum Mounts - anodized black for a sleek look and corrosion resistance
- Heavy Duty DuPont Powdercoat - ensures a durable finish and resists discoloration
- Slotted Mounting Features - flexibility for tweaked factory brackets
- Drive-by-Cable Dimples - hidden on the bottom face, dimples locate holes for cable mounts where needed
Once again GrimmSpeed utilized their in-house FARO Arm along with 3D CAD software, we were able to map the location of not only the mounting points, but also the smaller, critical components in different model years. A belt cover designed without these in mind can wear through hoses or wiring and worse yet, may contact your accessory belts or pulley, causing serious damage. What this means for you is that the best fitting Alternator Cover on the market is here at last. It’s what you can expect from GrimmSpeed, and it’s what you’ll get with this kit. v