GrimmSpeed Top Mount Intercooler w/ Thermal Dispersant Coating Black Subaru 2015-2020 WRX
Replace that undersized, plastic stock intercooler with a GrimmSpeed Top Mount Intercooler Kit, featuring cast aluminum end tanks, large bar and plate core and TIG welded construction. The factory FA20dit TMIC is well-suited for stock applications, but when boost levels are increased, the higher post-turbo air temps contribute to pre-detonation (or 'knock') and loss in power. The GrimmSpeed intercooler is designed to keep charge temps consistent during aggressive driving so that the rest of your parts can work to make power.
- 13.1in x 10in x 3.75in Cross Flow Core - careful balance of high heat transfer and low pressure drop
- Cast Aluminum End Tanks - featuring machined splitter mounting features
- 5-Ply Silicone Couplers - custom molded and reinforced for demanding environments
- Fully-Integrated Two-Piece Splitter - collects air from the entire width of the scoop and feeds it directly to the core
- Water Meth 1/8 NPT Bung - Cast into the outlet end tank, CNC machine tapped and plugged for future use
- Vibration Isolation Mounting - protect the intercooler system from fatigue due to vibration by reusing the factory mounts
- Cleaned, Inspected and Sealed Prior to Shipping - prevent motor damage due to foreign matter
- High Efficiency and Flow - Other manufacturers focus on cooling without understanding the damage that high restriction can do to a cars ability to produce power.
- Two-Piece Splitter Design - Other manufacturers repurpose or modify the stock engine cover. GrimmSpeed has replaced it entirely with an innovative two-piece design.
- Optional Upgraded Charge Pipe - Use of the GrimmSpeed Charge Pipe is optional, allowing you to upgrade at your own pace.
- Designed and Manufactured Locally - Ensuring repeatable quality, clean components and consistent assembly
Each intercooler uses two unique end tanks. The first accepts the hot charge air from the turbo and feeds it to the intercooler core. The second receives the cooled charge air from the core and delivers it to the throttle body. These end tanks are precision cast and machined right here in Minnesota. Following inspection, end tanks are welded to high density bar and plate intercoolers before the entire assembly is pressure tested, cleaned and sealed for shipment. 5-ply silicone couplers hold their shape in extreme conditions and ensure that charge air makes it to and from the intercooler with no trouble. Splitters are laser cut from aluminum sheet and CNC bent before being assembled and powdercoated with a durable texture black finish. Stainless steel hardware secures the splitter to the factory hood scoop.
We tested the OEM TMIC, GrimmSpeed TMIC and a leading competitor TMIC in a back to back to back comparison and used our multi-sensor data acquisition system to evaluate temperature deltas, intercooler efficiency, pressure drop and more. Below is a chart showing cooling efficiency between the three.